How to Cook French Onion Soup

How to Cook French Onion Soup Recipe


Picture of French Onion Soup Recipe

A dish of this soup will fulfill your taste buds. It's a flawless decision for cool winter months and completely delectable when finished with softened cheddar baguettes! 

This is one of the soups that I don't make all the time. It is not on account of I don't care for it or it's hard to get ready yet essentially in light of the fact that I can't deal with the onions. For reasons unknown my eyes are super delicate and each time I cut an onion I cry and cry and cry. I've attempted every one of the traps however nothing has helped as such. The main thing I haven't attempted yet are goggles… 

Presently envision me cutting not one but rather 5 onions! Tears were running down my face and I couldn't stop them thus I continued leaving the kitchen and wiping my tears, taking outside air and returning back to cutting. It had taken me around 30 minutes, genuinely! 

So I caution you! Include a great deal of additional time to the planning on the off chance that you are similar to me! Furthermore, on the off chance that you know of any route how to "survive" cutting onions, I implore you, please let me know!

Step 1: Ingredients:

Picture of Ingredients:
4-5 Large Onions
1 liter Chicken/Beef stock
250ml (1 Cup) White Wine
80g (3/4 of a stick) Unsalted Butter
1-2 Bay Leaves
Salt & Pepper to taste
For the cheese baguettes
1 Medium Baguette
Grated Cheese (e.g. Gruyere)
Makes: 4-5 portions
Time: Preparation: 10-15 mins + Cooking: 40 mins

Step 2: Directions:

Picture of Directions:
Melt the spread in an extensive pot. Include the onions cut into half adjusts and cove clears out. Caramelize the onions for 20 minutes, mixing every so often. Pour in the wine and cook until all is dissipated. 

Include chicken/meat stock and water
(1 liter or more). Convey to the bubble, include salt and pepper and cook for a further 10 minutes. 

Cut the baguette into round cuts, place them onto a preparing plate lined with heating paper and top with ground cheddar. Place under flame broil for a few minutes or until the cheddar has liquefied and the baguettes' edges have pleasant chestnut shading. 

Just before killing the soup, taste it again to check whether some additionally flavoring is required. 

Serve in a dish with baguettes on the top. 

Appreciate & Enjoy!
Picture of Subscibe/Follow us to get the latest updates:


Post a Comment